You may provide personal information to us through a third-party site (such as when you request a service or product from us while you are on another company’s site and your information is transferred to us). Or you may request that we provide your personal information to another third-party site (such as when you instruct us to transfer your information to another site in connection with the use of our products or services). In these instances, this policy applies to the information we receive while you are on our site, and the privacy policies of those other sites applies to the information those parties receive from you while you are on their sites. Privacy choices you make on those third-party sites do not apply to our site or to the information you provide to us. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any such third-party sites you visit.
Retaining and Protecting Personal Information
We keep the personal information you provide to us for the length of time needed to provide you with the products, services and information you seek from our site, unless and to the extent that a longer time period is required or permitted by law.
The Company is committed to safeguarding your nonpublic personal information. As described below, we limit access to your nonpublic personal information to those persons who need it to perform their jobs and to provide service to you, or as required or permitted by law. Please read the sections below titled How We Use Your Information and How We share Your Information for more detail.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect such information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
You may have additional concerns about the privacy and security of information collected through our web site. We are committed to protecting the online privacy of visitors to our web site, and as noted above maintain a variety of measures to secure your personal information. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the internet, and there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. However, since no security system is absolutely impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet.
We protect information of our former customers in the same way as for our current customers.
Information We Collect
To the extent permitted by law, we may collect and use the following kinds of information that we receive from your use of our site, your provided information and your correspondence and communications with us:
- Information about your transactions with us.
- Information that you provide to us on our site.
- Information that you provided to a third-party website and that you requested be sent to us.
- Information that we receive from consumer reporting agencies, governmental agencies and information product and service organizations.
- Information from customer lists provided by other organizations and marketing data providers.
- Information you provide to us through email, texts, posts, calls, and online chats (whether text or voice)
- Information about website usage (or traffic), including information gathered automatically about your use of our site, the websites from which you came directly to our site and those to which you go directly from our site. For example, we may use Google Analytics (or similar analytical tools) to monitor when and how you interact with our site.
- Technical and device data when you visit our site or open our communications, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
- Location information, including that associated with your IP address information.
In order to further personalize our website for you, and to collect a limited set of non-personally identifiable information about you to help manage our online advertising and promotions, we or our third party advertising providers use “web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”), in “conjunction with cookies”. Web beacons are small transparent graphic images that are often used by web sites in connection with cookies. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Data Controller & Data Processors
Sustainable Real Estate Solutions, Inc. is the data controller for the personal information you provide to us while on our site. Our corporate parents and subsidiaries may act as data processors. Also, if you give us permission to do so, we may transfer your personal information to third-parties for the sole purpose of providing you offers for products and services and related information. In those cases, those third-parties may also act as our data processors.
If permitted by applicable law, and by the choices you make and the permissions you grant to us while on our site, we may use your personal information as follows:
- To provide you with information and services that you request.
- To send you offers for products and services where you ask for such offers.
- To customize what content you see and what products and services you are offered information about.
- To otherwise customize your user experience while on our site.
- To better understand and improve, or to further develop our site (and the products, services and other offerings available through our site).
Laws of Particular Jurisdictions
Connecticut and New Jersey Customers
If you are one of our Connecticut or New Jersey customers, then to the extent required under the Connecticut Insurance Information and Privacy Act (the “Connecticut Privacy Law”) or N.J.S.A. 17:23a-1 et seq. (the “New Jersey Privacy Law”), respectively, you may access your recorded nonpublic personal information that we have collected by submitting a written request, in accordance with the Connecticut Privacy Law or the New Jersey Privacy Law, as applicable. Connecticut and New Jersey customers should send their written requests to the following address: SUSTAINABLE REAL ESTATE SOLUTIONS, INC., 929 White Plains Road, #336, Trumbull, CT 06611 Attn: General Counsel. The written request may ask us to take one or more of the following actions: (1) inform you of the nature and substance of your recorded nonpublic personal information that we have collected; (2) send you copies of such information by mail; (3) inform you of the identity, if recorded, of those persons to whom we have disclosed your personal information within two years prior to your written request; or (4) correct, amend or delete any of your recorded nonpublic personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows residents of California to request certain information about our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request please contact us at the following address: SUSTAINABLE REAL ESTATE SOLUTIONS, INC., Attn: Privacy Request, 929 White Plains Road, #336, Trumbull, CT 06611.